Saturday, January 28, 2006

Gray hair and bluegrass

So, it's the end of January and I have already started slacking on the resolutions. Lack of blogging, lack of jogging, and so on and so forth. In my own defense, I can say it's not because of laziness...okay, so not ALL because of laziness...just partly. I've actually been very busy with work lately. The rat surgeries seem to be going well this week...let's just hope the one I did on Friday survives the weekend. I was so pissed on Tuesday. I spent 3 hours working on this one rat, only to have him die after I put him back in the cage. I even tried to revive him with mouth-to-snout resuscitation (through a tube, of course), all to no avail. Stupid rat.

On another sour note...this week I discovered that I am going gray at the tender age of 25. How depressing is that? Stupid genes. It's not fair that Lee has the more stressful job and still has a head full of solid brown hair (although not as much as he used to...). At least I still have hair, though. No need to become unbe-weave-able just yet.

Finally, on to the brighter side of life. The highlight of the past couple of weeks had to be one of the belated Christmas presents from my husband. In all truthfulness, it was a present from him in the sense that he gave me permission to buy the tickets. Who am I to complain??? Anyway, back to the point. We drove down to Charlotte back on the 18th to see my favorite band in the world, Alison Krauss & Union Station. They were so freakin' awesome!!! I know I sound like a dorky groupie, but don't knock 'em till you give 'em a try. Best musicians in the world as far as I'm concerned. As for the supposed "Cajun" restaurant we ate pre-concert, that is a completely different story. It should be a crime for people to use the term "cajun" and serve such crappy food. The gumbo tasted like veggie soup and I got tipsy just from inhaling the fumes coming off the sorry excuse for bread pudding. From this point on, I vow to never try Louisiana-style food outside of Louisiana (unless I make it my damn self!). Stupid restaurant. Yuck.

Well, I'm off to bed. Lee and I are actually participating in a cook-off tomorrow with some of the peeps he works with at the hospital. Let's just say they have no chance in hell against what we have cooked up. Muhahahahahahahaaaaa!

G'night!!

P.S. If you are interested in becoming an Alison Krauss freak like me, check out her website:

http://www.alisonkrauss.com/

No comments: